For years Hyperlite has been mastering the top methods for board construction.
Our exceptional standard and performance in wakeboards and wake surfers have translated into our first hard-shell SUP – The Alki, one of the lightest and strong SUPs on the market today.
Using our DuraShell technology, the Alki is super lightweight and buoyant without sacrificing power to get it.
The shape and fin configuration make a stable platform in water situations.
Whether you plan a quiet cruise on your preferred lake or catch a wave at the shore, the Alki has you covered.
The Alki is a remarkable board newcomer and experienced paddlers-boarders alike.
The comprehensive design is best for cruising via rough waters.
The removable tri-fin design permits a customizable setup for the river, lake, and ocean applications, designed with stability and versatility. The extra expansive deck allows riders of any size and capabilities to relax cruise.
An oversized EVA foam deck pad makes a grippy and relaxed surface over an extended coverage place, permitting multiple stances.
Improved rail durability saves against unwanted scratches and dings, keeping your board looking best after each use.
Features Hyperlite Alki 11′ Stand Up Paddleboard
The Hyperlite Alki 11′ stand-up paddleboard is a winner. Besides having a beautiful design, it’s very functional and comes with a few fantastic accessories. This is one of those SUPs everyone will love right off the package.
The size makes it highly versatile, and we feel it’ll suit many riders. The paddleboard is long enough and wide enough to feel secure and stable, yet not very bulky that it drags.
We had no complaints about overall performance, and the whole Hyperlite Alki 11′ stand-up paddleboard package is great. It looks remarkable, feels good, and is super fun to paddle.
- Duracell composite exterior shell saves from dings and scuffs. Large machined EVA traction pad EPS foam core with fiberglass interior contains Bungie gear tie-down, adjustable paddle, and ankle leash weights less than thirty lbs.
- 11 Alki stands up paddleboard telescoping paddle stretch ankle leash with Biolite soft ankle strap three-piece fin kit accessory tie-down.
Read Next – Hyperlite Admiral Replacement Fin
The SUP inflatable paddleboard
The SUP inflatable paddleboard is highly portable with a carrying handle, which is simple to move, and the stand-up paddleboard comes with a big-size weekend travel backpack.
Additionally, the big package is designed to store all your SUP necessities while providing more storage areas for extra gear.
Read Next – Hyperlite Admiral Inflatable SUP
Why Paddle Board?
As a recreational activity, stand-up paddleboarding provides fantastic health and fitness advantages ranging from a full-body workout engaging several of the core muscles albeit in a low-impact way to improved balance and stability, stamina and endurance, weight loss, injury rehabilitation, and improving our cardiovascular health.
It is an exciting way to decompress and unwind while at a similar time engaging with nature. As one of the -fastest-growing water sports globally, if you’ve access to water, it is worth giving it a go.
Read NEXT – Best Black Friday Stand UP Paddle Board Deals
The Hyperlite Alki stand-up paddleboard measures 11 feet by 35 inches by 4.2 inches thick and weighs 30 pounds. This paddle has a maximum carrying capacity of 300 pounds, but the recommended weight limit is 280 pounds.
The Hyperlite Alki 11′ stand-up paddleboard is built to be the ideal cross between a touring board and an all-around model. I recommend checking other models by Hyperlite.
The design team of Hyperlite did not take any shortcuts when designing the Hyperlite Alki 11′ stand-up paddleboard.
Featuring a stunning look and sleek lines and throws a premium touch. We look at the look of Hyperlite stand-up paddleboards, which certainly stand out in a market that’s filled with stunning designs.
Read Next – F2 Star SUP Review
Like many inflatable paddleboards in the market these days, the material used and the design and the build methods employed have come a long way over recent times, so much so that several inflatable paddle boards now mimic the stiffness and rigidity of their epoxy cousins.
Hyperlite Alki 11′ stand-up paddleboards are among the most rigid and durable in all inflatable board categories.
The paddleboard’s core is a dense drop stitch, which uses tons of polyester threads linked to layers of high-tenacity fabric.
This fabric is then laminated with a high-quality military-grade PVC material to protect its core. This core is coated with a further l double layer of PVC material on both sides.
These PVC sheets are combined with solid composite adhesive before the side reinforcement seams and carbon reinforcement rails are connected.
Read Next- Get Ready to Take on the Water: Your Guide to Paddle Board Size and Weight Chart
- The wide-body on the Hyperlite Alki 11′ stand-up paddleboard also has a spanning deck pad textured for grip and comfort. Standing up on a fine deck cuts down on fatigue in the feet and ankles, making this quality worth nothing.
- The quick lock fin system provides you with some versatility. All three fins steer the paddleboard straight and true when starting or touring. The gentle toe in the two smaller fins gives a better grip. But being capable of using only the prominent fin provides the paddleboard with more maneuverability and extraordinary performance.
- The paddle may be the most surprising and better bit of this Hyperlite Alki 11′ stand-up paddleboard. The nylon blade is perhaps on the heavy side, but the double concave, dihedral form creates both lift and thrust. It is fantastic. Once you take a few strokes with this shaft, you never want to pick up a paddle again.
- You can get superb traction from this paddleboard. How? The combination of the diamond deck pad and the kick tail facilitates it. The new upgrade did not take the performance matters lightly – instead, it emphasized the value of having a sleek paddling surface that makes it simple to cut via waves and make tricky turns.
- There’re plenty of d-rings for cargo and a growing list of things available to riders. Dry bags and a cooler are welcome.
Read Next – All You Need To Know About iRocker SUP Leash
Having tried and tested hundreds of different paddleboards, we can still pick our favorite inflatable paddleboards. The Hyperlite Alki 11′ stand-up paddleboard is one of the best and most fun paddle boards we’ve managed to get our hands on.
It paddles the same as several other all-around paddleboards but holds its characteristics, making it a bit special. At 35 inches wide, the paddleboard is stable enough to host a picnic and elegant enough to easily dance around the water on much shorter river-specific paddleboards.
This Hyperlite Alki 11′ stand-up paddleboard is excellent if you travel a bit. It mightn’t be the quickest through the water, but the lifted-shaped bow lets it cut through the water with a lot of ease and grace found on several longers touring or expedition paddleboards.
As an all-around paddleboard goes, they’ve always been hard to differentiate until the Hyperlite Alki 11′ stand-up paddleboard hit the market.
Read Next – HL Paddle Board Canada
Accessories included in the package
- 11′ Alki Stand-Up Paddleboard
- Telescoping Paddle
- 3-Piece Fin Kit
- Stretch Ankle Leash with soft Biolite Ankle Strap
What I like
- Beautiful design
- The traction pad of the paddle is deep and provides a solid grip
- Good value for the money
- It comes with all needed to start the journey
- Well build construction
What I don’t like
- The thickness of the paddleboard is significantly less as compared to other paddle boards on similar price tags we can buy
- heavy board
Multi-purpose and all-around use
Our stand-up paddlers are an all-around multipurpose board perfect for all expertise levels to use the sup for paddling, surfing, yoga, and fishing.
The stand-up paddleboard comes with a safety leash for the starter that keeps your SUP close by if you are speedy. Additionally, make sure a safe watering thrill.
The slightly pointed bow promotes speedily paddling for expert surfers, making it best for racing.
Hyperlite aims to share the fun of surfing and being with the sea with all of you through the latest technologies and well-designed boards and equipment.
Read Next – Body Glove Performer 11 vs. Hyperlite Admiral SUP
ADVENOR Paddle Board 11'x33 x6 Extra Wide Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board with SUP Accessories Including Adjustable Paddle,Backpack,Waterproof Bag,Leash,and Hand Pump,Repair Kit (Green)
Aqua Plus 11ftx33inx6in Inflatable SUP for All Skill Levels Stand Up Paddle Board, Adjustable Paddle,Double Action Pump,ISUP Travel Backpack, Leash,Shoulder Strap,Youth & Adult Inflatable Paddle Board
FunWater Inflatable 10'6×33"×6" Ultra-Light (17.6lbs) SUP for All Skill Levels Everything Included with Stand Up Paddle Board, Adj Floating Paddles, Pump, ISUP Travel Backpack, Leash,Waterproof Bag,
3 used from $138.12
Highpi Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board 11'x33''x6'' Premium SUP W Accessories & Backpack, Wide Stance, Surf Control, Non-Slip Deck, Leash, Paddle and Pump, Standing Boat for Youth & Adult
Cooyes Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board 10.6 ft with Premium SUP Accessories and Backpack, Non Slip Deck, Waterproof Bag, Leash, Paddle and Hand Pump for Paddling and Surf Control
Hapfan Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board w/High Pressure Electric Pump 11' x 32" x 6", All Around Paddle Boards w/Dual-Layer Rugged Build - 350lbs Weight Capacity SUP Board
FunWater SUP Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board 11'x33''x6'' Ultra-Light (18.5lbs) Paddleboard with ISUP Accessories,Fins,Adjustable Paddle, Pump,Backpack, Leash, 10L Dry Bag
1 used from $180.48