History of Windsurfing
A young kinesiologic activity, Windsurfing is the application of the “Free-sail system” or free
translation, the “Sailing System,” originated in California in 1966.
We can find it in every “corner” of the world. More than a thousand years ago, Indians settled in
a moving mast operated the southern Amazon river basin.
How to Windsurf
The principles of windsurfing management imply moving the center of wind pressure to
sails. Windsurfing is an activity where a windsurfing board is used triggered by wind force’s action on the sail (photo 1).
The beginnings of sailing are tied to Newman Darby. He was the first to apply the idea of a “propulsion system” and in 1965 published his own invention – 3 meters long and 90 cm wide plank.
The moving sail consisted of a mast and sails of a square shape on mast and handrail, placed at right angles to mast.
The sailor stood on the side of the wind and pushed the sail toward the wind.
Windsurfing gear and equipment
The board’s basic parts for windsurfing are: windsurf board, mast, sail, wrist, bow, keel, rope, plastic
slats, and ropes for connection and connection. The role of the keel is to increase stability on the water. The guide maintains the desired driving direction. The joint’s purpose is for sail mobility in all planes and represents the bond between the plank and the sail.
The mast is designed to maintain the shape of the sail and its tightening vertically. The bow, together with the mast, fully enables tightening the core and forming its functional shape.
The sail is the main driver for the board sailing, while the battens maintain the sail’s shape. We need a few to equip the board
ropes. Starting rope is intended for lifting the core from the water, the ropes for tightening the core are tightened the fore and aft sails of the sail tighten the bow against the mast, and the safety rope is used to fasten sail for the board.
Since 1984, windsurfing has been a part of Olympic sports after its own first public appearance at the Los Angeles Olympics.
Specific dangerous while you Windsurf and how to avoid them
Prevention measures to be taken before Windsurfing are:
- Good psycho-physical preparation. Windsurfing requires good coordination throughout the body,
as well as a sense of balance. Swimming knowledge is a must, as with all activities on water leads, because there are many crashes at the beginning of training. Equipment to be worn as preventive measure consists of:
- A swimming vest protects the body from increased temperature loss and hypothermia
- Gloves and special rubber footwear increase friction, while rubber footwear protects against sharp rocks when falling into shallow water.
- Familiarize yourself with the weather forecast before going to an activity.
- Selects sails according to their own abilities. Using a larger sail can negatively affect sailing control and cause frequent falls, thus increasing the possibility of injuries informing friends about going sailing and returning.
- Wear a whistle for ease of signaling.
- Equipment checks.
Read next – Top 5 Best SUP Paddles
Prevention measures during Windsurfing are:
- Monitor weather changes and discontinues activity if weather conditions
make sailing safe.
- Observe the rules of navigation, avoid proximity to bathers and other vessels
- Stop sailing if we feel tired
Prevention measures at the end of the Windsurfing are:
- After sailing is completed, the sail should be dried and stored in a safe place so that it does not
damage, and would be of use next time as well.
- Replacing lost minerals and energy leads to recovery.
Read next – SUP Boards Boodjamulla National Park
Beginners guide to Windsurfing
streakboard Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board Surfing SUP Boards, No Slip Deck 6 Inches Thick ISUP Boards with Free SUP Accessories & Backpack, Leash, Paddle and Hand Pump, for All Levels
- ☀[LONG-LASTING PREMIUM MATERIALS] streakboard SUP features high-quality reinforced double-layer military PVC rail material with good air tightness. 5mm soft EVA pad in the middle to help stand firmily. Precision Structure inside adopts fabric drop-stitch core, which has stronger compression force and firmness. The whole board is light and portable, and can keep stiff and durable in white water and waves. streakboard SUP will be a good choice for you!
- ☀[WITH FULL ACCESSORIES] streakboard inflatable stand up paddle board comes with all you need. Wide 11'6'' inflatable paddle board weights 20.37lbs. Portable backpack, removable 8'' central fin, double-action hand pump with a pressure gauge, 3 pieces adjustable aluminum paddle, coil leash and a repair kit containing patchs and valve wrench. Tip: if valve is air leakage or loose (after multiple inflation and deflation) please use it to tighten the valve.
- ☀[SWEET DESIGN] streakboard inflatable board adopts intimate designs for riders of all levels. The 3 fins systems work together to provide speed and balance. 6 D-rings on the top, can be customized with the attached bungee cord, plus 5 D-rings on the other side for water bottles, belts and life jackets. 2 D-rings on the side of the board can be connected to a shoulder strap or another board. The armrests on the sides and the middle are easy to grasp, so that you can easy carry it by your way.
- ☀[FIND WONDERS] streakboard all around SUP boards are suitable for any occasion on the water. Perfectly enjoy the whole world of stand-up paddling in a simple and convenient way. Suitable for oceans, lakes and rivers. Ideal for yoga, fishing, sightseeing, snorkeling or leisure touring. On the paddle board, indulge in the landscape and explore the beauty of the world from another perspective.
- ☀[AFTER-SALES SERVICE] Customer’s satisfaction is the NO.1 goal of our standards. We are happy to provide you 7*24 hours of online customer service. Any question, just feel free to contact us! streakboard inflatable standing paddle series can offer you with products that are fully suitable for your operation, size, water level and maximum enjoyment of water needs. Once packaged, it can be easily transported and stored.
Inflatable Commercial Grade 0.9mm PVC 12ft. SUP Sailboat Windsurfing Paddle Surf Board New
- Board Material: 0.9mm PVC
Inflatable 0.9mm PVC 10ft. SUP Sailboat Windsurfing Paddle Surf Board New
- Material: Double Layer 0.9mm PVC
BIC Sport Techno 293 One Design DTT One Design Sailboard (White, 293x79-cmx12.5-kg)
- The Techno 293 OD DTT, a sailboard from beginners to avid sailors and racers
- Bic Sport Epoxy CTS Construction for a strong, stiff, light and fast board with exceptional durability
- Comes complete with Footstraps, Integrated 60 cm Daggerboard, and 46 FF Deep Tuttle fin. Sail and rig not included.
- 4mm thick pads with 8mm under heels for comfort and control
- Race in one of the strongest windsurfing classes today!
BIC Sport Nova Complete Windsurfing Rig, 5.0 Square Meter
- Complete Rig Package: Mast, Boom, Sail, Mast foot
- Ready for your Windsurfer or SUP/Stand Up Paddleboard Windsurfing ready board
- Durable dacron sail construction, lightweight mast and boom
- Perfect for learning and recreational Windsurfing and SUP Sailing
- 8 Available sizes to meet your specific needs and conditions
Drift 11'6" Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board, SUP with Accessories | Pump, Lightweight Paddle, Fin, Leash & Backpack Travel Bag, Classic
- STABLE & MANEUVERABLE: It's easy to stand up and balance on the Drift 11'6" paddle board! At 11'6" x 33" x 6", the wide deck and performance shape make for fast, fun paddling for all skill levels.
- INFLATABLE & PORTABLE: Quickly inflates or deflates for easy storage - packing down to just 38" x 18" x 12" and 19 lbs. Whether you’re jetting off to explore a tropical paradise or hiking into the wild to find that perfectly serene fishing spot, Drift Inflatable SUPs travel comfortably in their high-quality carrying bag backpacks.
- HIGHLY DURABLE: We use a high tech process to transform military-grade PVC into a rock-solid rigid platform. With a core of composite drop-stitch fibers connected to the nearly indestructible outer skin, Drift boards stand up to anything you want to do on the water.
- COMPLETE PADDLEBOARD KIT: Comes with all essential paddle board accessories, including new Drift Inflatable PFD, Coiled Leash, removable fin, repair kit, 3-piece aluminum paddle, paddle board pump, and backpack carrying bag. Board features include EVA foam deck pad, bungee straps, grab handles, 300 lb capacity, and our signature Entry Rocker style hull that sheds water and keeps the board nose up.
- BETTER AFTER SERVICE: Based in Destin, Florida - we stand by the quality of our boards. All Drift paddle boards are covered by a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty at no additional cost. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or issues!